Brittney Shipp (born 1983) is an American meteorologist and reporter working for NBC10’s First Weather Team in Philadelphia. She formerly worked as a Chief Meteorologist at KRON-TV in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Moreover, she is the author of the Children’s book “The Meteorologist in Me” which has been well-received and she has shared the book with over 35,000 students including children in Australia and Cuba as well.
Brittney Shipp was born in Los Angeles, California in 1983. As of 2023, she is 39 years old. Shipp graduated from Fairfax High School in Los Angeles and she was an avid Volleyball and Tennis player during her high school days.
After Graduation, she pursued a degree in International Development Studies at UCLA. She received a Certificate of Broadcast Meteorology from Mississippi State University.
Brittney Shipp Net worth
As of 2023, Brittney Shipp has an estimated net worth of $1 million USD. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the annual wage of a meteorologist is $94,570 as of May 2021. So, Brittney Shipp makes anywhere between $94,570 to $100,000 per year working as a weather reporter and meteorologist.
Brittney Shipp Height & Physical Features
Brittney stands at a height of 5 feet 5 inches, which is considered to be within the average range for women in the United States. Her weight is not publicly available but she has an estimated weight of around 60kg.
Brittney is of African American descent and is known for her striking features. Shipp has captivating brown eyes that have become a defining aspect of her public persona, along with her luscious black hair.
While her physical attributes are noteworthy, it is her impressive skills and knowledge as a meteorologist that have truly made her a respected figure in her field.
Brittney Shipp Family
Brittney Shipp got married to Jontue Long on January 1, 2020, in Paris, France. She announced her wedding through an Instagram post captioned “1.1.2020 Eloped in the City of Love ????”.
The couple welcomed their first daughter named Zoey Amour Long on June 11, 2020, and their second daughter Zariah Nicole Long on May 2, 2022.
- After graduating from UCLA, Brittney Shipp started her career at KYMA-TV in Yuma, Arizona where she worked as a morning weekday weather reporter for two years.
- Afterward, she worked as a weekend meteorologist and special assignment reporter at KTVK-3TV in Phoenix, Arizona. She worked on the show Good Morning Arizona for 5 years.
- Moreover, she has also worked as a temporary weather anchor for four national morning shows: NBC’s Early Today, and MSNBC’s Morning Joe, First Look, and Way Too Early.
- Currently, she is working as a weather reporter and meteorologist for NBC10’s First Weather Team
- Brittney is happily married to Jontue Long and the couple shares two daughters together.
Image Credit: @brittneyshipptv Instagram